Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Great Flood

I couldn't let you all miss out on the excitement we had last Sunday. Jeremy and I were planning to have a relaxing afternoon, maybe take Liam to the pool. Instead we had a pool party in our basement when we realized our sprinklers had broken and our basement was filled with about 8 inched of water. Many many thanks to our parents and Gothard who helped us with the mess. I'm sure it wasn't in anyone's plans to clean my basement on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Here is a picture, but it does not do justice to the mess we had. In this picture, the carpet is floating, not absorbing the water!! Jeremy's poor poker room...

2 comments:

Marcie Young said...

Oh nooooooo! How terrible. I am so sorry to hear about the great flood of '07. Did Liam get to go swimming in the basement pool, at least? Good luck getting it fixed!

And, btw, I am SO happy you're doing a blog. Yay.

Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm I'm pretty sure it wasn't just your parent helping clean it up. I'm pretty sure I remember carrying quite a bit of stuff out of that basement so I'll give myself some credit...just kidding!!!

But I will admit this is a pretty amazing blog thing.