Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's all about me!

Shoot, I forgot I have to put my pics on first, so pretend that these are at the bottom of the post!!

Jeremy's been taking Liam fishing that the ponds in S. Jordan. He loves it and even has his own "Cars" tackle box! This is the first (and only) fish!
We babysat Conner one day! He is so dang cute.

It's so freakin hot, I made cupcakes one day and the neighbor boys came over and decorated them with Liam. It was super fun, but now Liam is obsessed with putting sprinkles on ALL food. Like his corn on the cob last night!


Finally, a post, and it's all about me (with a few pics of Liam at the end!) I got a new job!!! And it's the best job ever in the world, and I'm so excited and stressed, and anxious, and stressed, and stressed and ... Okay, so I'm going to be the 2nd grade teacher at the new St. Andrew's Catholic elementary school in Riverton!!! :):):):):) I applied for the job months ago, April in fact, and even interviewed with the principal (who happens to be a nun!) but got no warm and fuzzies, so I've been pretty much thinking all summer that it wasn't meant to be. I went ahead and enrolled in the U. of Phoenix masters in education program to see if I could get a job next year with a year of school under my belt. Suddenly, Sister Karla asked me to come in for a second interview and she offered me the position!! I said yes right away then got in my car and nearly threw up! I've been observing a 2nd grade class in a year-round public school in Herriman this week, but then today I went to St. John's to see how they teach there, and I had a huge wake up call. The teaching is totally different, and the curriculum is so much harder. I was all ready to teach after visiting the public school, but after today I'm a wreck again!


So, needless to say, I am very, very excited, but I realize I have a huge challenge to work through. I have a lot to do to set up my classroom. I don't have nearly enough books for a classroom library so I'm going to the DI tomorrow to see what I can find there. I don't think I realized how much those little things mean to a teacher! I am going to do my classroom in a fish/underwater theme (since my last name is Pool!), I think that will be fun.


Also, the best part is, I only have 12 students in my class this year! It's going to be so fun getting to know them and learning with them as well. I pray to God, I can handle 12 kids!!! So that's what I've been doing! I'm sure you will see more posts about my class. I can't wait to see my classroom!!!!


Oh ya... here's Liam! It will be so nice in the next few years to have him in school with me. We will have summers and school holidays together, this is the perfect job for a mom! Here are some pictures of some fun things we have been doing. It's been great having this summer off, even though I admittedly have kept him in daycare!! :)
I'm MRS. POOL!!!!


2 comments:

Jenni said...

YAHOO!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!

melissa said...

WOOOHOOO!!!Its about time i got the details from ya!! Mary-i literally couldn't think of a more better job for you!! and i love picturing you walking up and down the isles with your hands folded behind your back peeking over the kids backs making sure there doing good on there assignment, hahaha. You will do so much good for those cute kids mary!! It really is perfect!!I wish you only the best with your new job, it will be awesome!!